Thursday, September 4, 2008

Easy Come, Easy Go

On my layover in Denver I checked my messages and I got a call from my boss (the mom of the 2 boys I've been watching) who must've missed out when I said I really wanted to take the last two weeks of summer. I called her back Sunday. She wanted me to work for a couple days a week for the next two weeks and I figured I might as well since I am now a college student and I will undoubtedly be able to use every penny I make. I was actually happy because I could use the extra money for something fun. Or so I thought.

When I got home this week, my car was making a funny sound when I turned to the left, so I decided to take it in and just get a tuneup. I figured that it was probably the power steering fluid, so maybe a $40 repair. No such luck. My car needed a few "minor" tuneups, which ended up costing me a meger $240!! Needless to say, I was not very happy about that. The car does run much better.

In related news: I have begun to purchase books for my very first semester of COLLEGE. So far, I have spent $200 on books and I have two more classes to buy for. At least if I keep the books nice, I may be able to sell them and make a little money back.

So basically, in the past week, I have spent $440. This is very VERY sad for me. Oh well, thats life I guess.

No comments: