Friday, August 29, 2008

Texas Trip Day 4

Today it was just myself and Virginia with the babies in the morning. The babies love their "Gigi" and so they were pretty giggly and cute for most of the day.

I got a bunch of video of them which I will compile into better movies of them when I get home. I think I have footage of every last one of the babies hands or faces right on top of the lens.

Riley went to a friends house after school and so Kaiya had Gigi, her mom, and me all to herself after school while the babies napped. She really enjoyed that to the fullest. She was moving from couch to couch sitting with each of us just to make sure all the focus was on her. Which of c0urse, it was. :)

For supper we went to this really quirky place called Rudy's. Its a big deal in Texas and when I tasted the food I could tell why! It was so good. They serve you on big sheets of paper and they have a really ammusing hand washing machine which I have a picture of. Its like a drive through washer for your hands. The babies were getting a lot of stares at the resturaunt. I guess it isn't often that you see quintuplets, so its okay to look. What really got me were the people who asked dumb questions. "Did you know there were five?" "Are they all yours?" "How do you survive?" God bless Rachelle and Jayson for not responding in the sarcastic way I likely would. "No. I had no clue there were five. I couldn't figure out why I was getting so big with one." "No. They aren't all mine. I just picked them up at H.E.B and they were on sale for a great price."

After we put the babies down for bed Virginia took me out shopping. She won't let me pay for any food or any thing really! It drives me nuts! We did have fun though. People here sure do have a lot of pride in their state. Virginia bought me a really funny t-shirt that says "Y'all wish" next to a big picture of Texas. I'm hoping to find a more femine cut shirt later on in the week.

Today was a true Texan day with going to Rudy's and to the mall. It was fun.

No comments: