Friday, August 29, 2008

Texas Trip Day 3

Virginia couldn't be there to help with the babies yesterday so two of Rachelle's friends came over while Rachelle got a chance to go out and go shopping.

That was actually one thing I had wondered about, how she went shopping. One day a week some people come and watch the babies so that their mom can go and get things. Kassidy clung to me for most of the morning because I was the only volunteer that she knew. Kyndall and Rustin fought over toys for the whole morning. They have a ton of toys, but Kyndall and Rustin always want the same toy. Kaydence is a koala baby. She doesn't walk independently yet, so she likes to be carried.

Some of the babies napped from 1:00 until 3:30 after napping from 9:00 to almost noon. They sure do play hard!

I did get a chance to meet their older child, Kaiya, but Riley was not seen very often. Virginia said that he tends to be very busy in his room after school and so you don't hear from him much.

Kaiya
was a crack up at dinner. Riley told her to sniff the pepper shaker, and being that she is only 5, she did it. Of course, for any of you who have ever sniffed pepper, it made her sneeze and then she complained about her nose hurting through the whole meal.

After we got the babies down for the night Rachelle took me out to see some of Texas. I really appreciated that and I was also a little surprised she was willing to do that. She took me to see a bridge where 750,000 bats migrate to to have all of their babies. There were so many and they kept flying out from under the bridge for at least 40 minutes. This description does not do it any justice really. It was just incredible. Then Rachelle took me to the capital and she told me some really interesting things about Texas. I never knew that Texas had been owned by 6 different countries. Rachelle also told me that every time they have a picture of every Governor up on the wall inside the building. Each time they get a new Governor they move all the pictures of every single previous Governor up on the wall for the new picture. It seems like a huge waste of time to me.

Rachelle is so nice and smart. She is funny about numbers just like I am. She doesn't like to have prime numbers of anything. Too bad she had 7 children!

I haven't seen much of Jayson. He seems very tired when he comes home and I don't want to bother him. He is a good father though, he reads with all the kids every night.

After touring some of Austin with Rachelle, I went back to Virginias house. She is the nicest lady you could ever meet. She is always trying to push food on me and refuses to take any money for it. She is just a genuinely amazing and kind hearted woman.

I am really enjoying myself here and I would love to come back again.

No comments: